Ways to Give
Contributions from individuals, foundations, and corporations underwrite our breakfast and clothing distribution programs in full and fund nearly 50% of our rehabilitative services. In-kind gifts of goods and services save us nearly $1 million a year in additional expenses. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
There are many ways you can help.
Give online or in person:
• Donate via our secure web server, or mail contributions to St. Francis House, PO Box 120499, Boston, MA 02112-0499.
• Donate clothing or other much-needed goods.
• Give a gift in honor or memory of a loved one. St. Francis House will send a tribute card to the person you choose to honor.
• Purchase our Art From the Heart note cards, featuring work by our talented guests.
• Join our Monthly Giving Program. This allows you to make a monthly credit card gift to St. Francis House, saving St. Francis House time and money and helping your dollars go even farther. Your pledge can be cancelled or changed at any time.
• Make a contribution through the Combined Federal Campaign. Our CFC number is 5063.
• Make a tax-free gift from your traditional or Roth IRA.
• Contact us about making a gift of securities.
Join one of our groups:
• Become an Emerging Leader. The Emerging Leaders are a group of young professionals who sponsor our annual Shooze Cruise (left), Holiday Gift Drive, and Race to the Finish Line marathon event. Members are dedicated to supporting St. Francis House and helping our guests rebuild their lives.
• Join the Founder’s Society. Named for our visionary founder, Father Louis Canino, the Founder’s Society is open to those who contribute $1,000 or more during the course of our fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Founders receive special benefits, including our beautiful Art From the Heart note cards and recognition in our newsletter. Members are honored each year at a special Founder’s Society celebration.
• Join the John P. McGonagle Legacy Society. Each year, hundreds of poor and homeless men and women benefit from the generosity of those who remember St. Francis House as part of their estate plans. Members of the Legacy Society will be recognized annually and invited to special events. Notifying us of your gift intention helps us plan for the future, ensuring that we can continue to help everyone who comes through our door.
Support us through your workplace:
• Connect us to your corporate foundation. Corporations are giving back to their communities more generously and in greater numbers than ever before. Nominate St. Francis House for a grant and endorse our applications to your company foundation or giving program.
• Support All The Way Home (pictured). Encourage your company to sponsor All The Way Home, our annual fundraising celebration, to be held at the Fairmont Copley Plaza on October 23, 2013. Tickets and various sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact us for more info or to reserve a table or ticket.
• Contact our Grant Writer for information on partnerships and how corporate philanthropy will impact our services.
• Spread the Word About our Life-Changing Services. Tell your co-workers, friends, and family members about St. Francis House, or link to us from your website.